Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Outputting sheets to a DWF file, part of Revit Architecture 2013 Essential Training.
In this movie I'm going to look at exporting to DWF format. …DWF stands for Design Web Format, and it's a highly compressed vector-based file format …that you can use to deliver, essentially, digital plots of your files to outside recipients. …It's a great file format to use when you want to share your data with folks that are outside …the firm. Maybe they need to do review, but they don't want to edit anything. The DWF …file format is a read-only format but maintains all of the data in the file, so the recipient …can still query objects and select objects, so it's a very powerful file format to use.…
So I'm here in a file called Export to DWF. And I am in a sheet view right now, but you …can actually export your DWF files from any view, as we'll see here in a moment, so let's …go to the Application menu, big R. …We'll go to the Export, and then right here we'll choose DWF/DWFx. …Now DWF is the traditional Design Web Format, and the newer version is DWFx. …Okay, so I'm in Export dialog, and at first glance it's only showing me the one sheet …
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 40m Intermediate
Revit Architecture 2012: Renderingwith Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.