Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Navigating views (Zoom, Pan, and Rotate), part of Revit Architecture 2014 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Learning how to navigate in the various views in a Revit project is an important skill.…So, in this movie I'd like to show you how to do some basic actions like zoom and pan…and how to orbit a 3D view. So, I'm in a file here called Condo and…we're going to use this just as a backdrop to do some view navigation.…You can really open up any file you like. Now the easiest way to navigate a view is…to use the wheel on your mouse. So if you don't have a wheel mouse, you…definitely want to invest in one. If you roll the wheel, it will zoom out if…you roll down, and if I roll up it will zoom in.…
Now you'll notice that the zooming is taking place pretty much where my mouse is.…So if I move my mouse Say, over here on top of the building and repeat that you'll…see that the zooming is more centered on that location.…Move it over here in the parking lot - same thing.…So you can control not only the level of zoom, but where the zoom is focused on…simply by way you move the Mouse and roll the Wheel.…Now if you hold in the wheel and drag Then we're panning the screen.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- What is BIM?
- Understanding Revit element hierarchy
- Navigating views
- Creating a new project from a template
- Refining a layout with temporary dimensions
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding plumbing fixtures and other components
- Linking AutoCAD DWG files
- Rotating and aligning Revit links
- Working with footprint and extrusion roofs
- Adding openings
- Adding railings and extensions to stairs
- Creating stacked and curtain walls
- Hiding and isolating objects
- Adding rooms
- Creating schedule views and tags
- Adding text and dimensions
- Creating new families
- Plotting and creating a PDF
Skill Level Beginner
Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecturewith Paul F. Aubin7h 17m Intermediate
Rendering with Revit Architecture 2012with Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 41m Intermediate
Designing a House in Revit Architecturewith Brian Myers6h 57m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
8. Complex Walls
9. Visibility and Graphic Controls
11. Schedules and Tags
12. Annotation and Details
13. The Basics of Families
14. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.