Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Modifying building forms, part of Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecture.
As a design progresses you will get feedback from various sources.…Your client may have requests. You may have to react to site conditions, or…your energy analysis, or other code requirements might indicate changes that need to be made.…The Conceptual Massing Environment allows you to make many edits and receive…immediate and fluid feedback as you work.…In this movie we will take our conceptual building form that we have been…working in the last several movies, and we will make some modifications.…Now here I have a version of the file that we have been working on in last few movies.…This is the Massing file, again we are back in the Massing Family Editor, and it's…called Modified Building forms.…
It's the same basic model that we started with, with the simple addition of a…Void Form right in this general area, right there.…So I've got a couple Void Forms just in this area, because one of the changes…that we want to consider is creating an outdoor sculpture garden.…Another change that we want to consider is a different form for the tower and…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Understanding some different approaches to modeling
- Building an in-place mass
- Creating and manipulating massing forms
- Using X-Ray and Dissolve
- Performing an energy analysis
- Applying geometry to surfaces
- Configuring divided surfaces
- Nesting massing families
- Stitching borders with adaptive components
- Working with lofting techniques
- Adding dormers and soffits
- Choosing a wall modeling strategy
- Working with curtain walls
- Building custom stairs
- Creating a custom material
Skill Level Intermediate
Rendering with Revit Architecture 2012with Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 41m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the Massing Environment
2. Using Massing to Design Building Forms
3. Rationalizing Massing Forms
4. Using Massing to Create Unique Forms
5. Refining Building Maker Elements
6. Choosing Wall Modeling Strategies
7. Working with Curtain Walls
8. Applying Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.