Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing links, part of Revit Architecture 2013 Essential Training.
An important aspect of working with linked files in Revit is managing…the existing links.…Sometimes the connection to a linked file can become disrupted;…sometimes you wish to point a linked file to another file or a different…version of the same file.…Sometimes you simply wish to check all the linked files in your project and…reload the ones you know have changed since the last time you've loaded them.…All of these actions will take place in the Manage Links dialog.…So in this movie, I'd like to look at Manage Links, and to do that I'm going to…open up a simple file.…So up here on the Quick Access Toolbar, I'm going to click the Open icon, and…here in the Chapter05 folder I'm going to open this file called Managing Links.…
Now when I click Open, a dialog is going to display saying I have…Unresolved References.…There are many reasons why this dialog might appear but it's a fairly common…dialog that you'll see.…All this is telling me is some of links in my file cannot be found, there's…something wrong with them.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 40m Intermediate
Revit Architecture 2012: Renderingwith Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.