Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing links, part of Revit Architecture 2016 Essential Training (Imperial).
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [voiceover] An important aspect of working with link files…in Revit is managing existing links.…Sometimes the connection to the link file…can become disrupted.…Sometimes you wish to point the link file…to another file in a different location.…Sometimes, you simply wish to check the link files…in the project to make sure that…nothing has changed since the last time you loaded them.…All of these actions take in the "Manage Links" dialog.…So, in this movie, I'd like to talk about…the "Manage Links" dialog, and look at an example…of what can happen when a link file is missing.…So, to do that, I'm going to go to my "Open",…I'm going to use the icon in the quick access toolbar,…or you can go to the application menu,…and choose "Open" there.…
I'm going to select this file here called "Manage Links".…Now, when I click "Open", it's going to display…an error dialog saying that there…are unresolved references.…So, it's going to offer me two choices…of what to do about this.…There's the "Open Manage Links to correct the problem"…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
Paul also shows advanced techniques for modeling stairs, complex walls, and partially obscured building elements, as well as adding rooms and solid geometry. Finally, discover how to annotate your drawing so all the components are perfectly understood, and learn how to output sheets to DWF, PDF, or AutoCAD.
- Understanding BIM and the Revit element hierarchy
- Navigating views
- Creating a new project from a template
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding plumbing fixtures and other components
- Linking AutoCAD DWG files
- Rotating and aligning Revit links
- Working with footprint and extrusion roofs
- Adding openings
- Adding railings and extensions to stairs
- Creating stacked and curtain walls
- Hiding and isolating objects
- Adding rooms
- Creating schedule views and tags
- Adding text and dimensions
- Creating new families
- Using reference planes, parameters, and constraints
- Plotting and creating a PDF
Skill Level Beginner
Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecturewith Paul F. Aubin7h 17m Intermediate
Rendering with Revit Architecture 2012with Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 41m Intermediate
Designing a House in Revit Architecturewith Brian Myers6h 57m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
8. Complex Walls
9. Visibility and Graphic Controls
11. Schedules and Tags
12. Annotation and Details
13. The Basics of Families
14. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.