Complex Revit projects may use multiple file links. It's important to know how to manage links in Revit Architecture 2015, as you may disrupt existing links, need to change linked files or view current links within the document. Watch this online course to learn how to manage your links within the Revit project and resolve any linking issues.
…An important aspect of working with linked…files in Revit, is managing existing links.…Sometimes the connection to the linked file can become disrupted.…Sometimes you wish to point the linked…file, to another file, in a different location.…Sometimes you simply wish to check the linked files in the project, to…make sure that nothing has changed since the last time you loaded them.…All of these actions take place, in the manage links dialogue.…So, in this movie, I'd like to talk about the manage links dialogue, and…look at an example of what can happen when a linked file is missing.…So to do that, I'm going to go to my Open.…I'm going to use the icon on the Quick Access toolbar, or…you can go to the Application Menu, and choose Open there.…
And I'm going to select this file here called Manage Links.…Now, when I click Open, it's going to display,…an error dialogue, saying that there are Unresolved References.…So, it's going to offer me two choices of what to do about this.…There's the Open Manage Links to correct the problem, option.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- What is BIM?
- Understanding Revit element hierarchy
- Navigating views
- Creating a new project from a template
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding plumbing fixtures and other components
- Linking AutoCAD DWG files
- Rotating and aligning Revit links
- Working with footprint and extrusion roofs
- Adding openings
- Adding railings and extensions to stairs
- Creating stacked and curtain walls
- Hiding and isolating objects
- Adding rooms
- Creating schedule views and tags
- Adding text and dimensions
- Creating new families
- Using reference planes, parameters, and constraints
- Plotting and creating a PDF
Skill Level Beginner
Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecturewith Paul F. Aubin7h 17m Intermediate
Rendering with Revit Architecture 2012with Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 41m Intermediate
Designing a House in Revit Architecturewith Brian Myers6h 57m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
8. Complex Walls
9. Visibility and Graphic Controls
11. Schedules and Tags
12. Annotation and Details
13. The Basics of Families
14. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.