Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Laying out a floor plan, part of Revit Architecture: Advanced Modeling.
So as we continue to refine our design, I want to look at a couple of different…approaches to the way that we've built form so far.…Sometimes you can actually create your forms from a series of building blocks…that you already have, sort of pre-made families.…When doing that, it's often useful to have some reference geometry to work from…so that you can get things in the correct place.…So in this movie we are actually going to create that reference geometry and…then in the next we are going to work from those building blocks or those forms.…Now what I have on screen here is just a file that we ended with in the last…movie where if you watched that movie you recall we deleted the large block over…here that was a budding up to the residential neighborhood.…
So let's pretend that the residential neighborhood association complained about…the scale of our building.…They weren't too happy about having this very large edifice budding up to all…their residential structures.…The design team has gone back and looked for a solution on how to satisfy that…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Understanding some different approaches to modeling
- Building an in-place mass
- Creating and manipulating massing forms
- Using X-Ray and Dissolve
- Performing an energy analysis
- Applying geometry to surfaces
- Configuring divided surfaces
- Nesting massing families
- Stitching borders with adaptive components
- Working with lofting techniques
- Adding dormers and soffits
- Choosing a wall modeling strategy
- Working with curtain walls
- Building custom stairs
- Creating a custom material
Skill Level Intermediate
Revit Architecture 2012: Renderingwith Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 41m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the Massing Environment
2. Using Massing to Design Building Forms
3. Rationalizing Massing Forms
4. Using Massing to Create Unique Forms
5. Refining Building Maker Elements
6. Choosing Wall Modeling Strategies
7. Working with Curtain Walls
8. Applying Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.