Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing a CAD file, part of Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecture.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Often when you work on a project you will get resources from outside firms or…outside designers and they may be working in other file formats.…The most common file format of course is a DWG file from AutoCAD.…The designer that created the sculpture garden for our museum project worked in…AutoCAD and created a 3D file.…We have two options in how we could deal with that 3D file.…We could open it up and actually re-create the geometry using Revit families,…and you're welcome to try that on your own if that's something that you're…interested in doing.…
But the simplest way to incorporate the design is to simply link in the DWG…file directly, and of course Revit does a really nice job of bringing in file formats like DWG.…You can also bring in SketchUp files and some other 3D formats as well.…So in this movie we'll just take a quick look at bringing in our 3D file. And the…sculpture garden is right in this general area here, and I'm in SAMOCA_V6.…So let me just spin around here, and I'm going to work right in this 3D view.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Understanding some different approaches to modeling
- Building an in-place mass
- Creating and manipulating massing forms
- Using X-Ray and Dissolve
- Performing an energy analysis
- Applying geometry to surfaces
- Configuring divided surfaces
- Nesting massing families
- Stitching borders with adaptive components
- Working with lofting techniques
- Adding dormers and soffits
- Choosing a wall modeling strategy
- Working with curtain walls
- Building custom stairs
- Creating a custom material
Skill Level Intermediate
Rendering with Revit Architecture 2012with Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 41m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the Massing Environment
2. Using Massing to Design Building Forms
3. Rationalizing Massing Forms
4. Using Massing to Create Unique Forms
5. Refining Building Maker Elements
6. Choosing Wall Modeling Strategies
7. Working with Curtain Walls
8. Applying Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.