Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Import tips, part of Revit Architecture 2014 Essential Training.
I'd like to wrap up our look at importing and linking CAD files in Revit projects…with just a handful of tips that you might want to keep in mind when you're working…with CAD files. So, I'm in a file here called Importing…Tips and I'm in a drafting view that has an embedded CAD file in, you can see that…file right here. So, the first thing I want to do is look…at the Query tool in a little bit more detail.…We've discussed this is a previous movie but if we click on query what we haven't…discussed yet is, these buttons down here. Now, you'll notice that there's a Delete…button and a Hide in View button. Now, that item that I just selected, this…hollow metal frame right here, you can see is currently on a layer called A Detailed Bold.…
And then down here, I could either delete that layer or hide it in the view.…Now, I'll show you delete in a minute. Let's do Hide in View right now.…So, I'm going to click that. And you're going to see that, that element disappears.…Now, it turns out that was the only element on that layer.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- What is BIM?
- Understanding Revit element hierarchy
- Navigating views
- Creating a new project from a template
- Refining a layout with temporary dimensions
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding plumbing fixtures and other components
- Linking AutoCAD DWG files
- Rotating and aligning Revit links
- Working with footprint and extrusion roofs
- Adding openings
- Adding railings and extensions to stairs
- Creating stacked and curtain walls
- Hiding and isolating objects
- Adding rooms
- Creating schedule views and tags
- Adding text and dimensions
- Creating new families
- Plotting and creating a PDF
Skill Level Beginner
Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecturewith Paul F. Aubin7h 17m Intermediate
Rendering with Revit Architecture 2012with Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 41m Intermediate
Designing a House in Revit Architecturewith Brian Myers6h 57m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
8. Complex Walls
9. Visibility and Graphic Controls
11. Schedules and Tags
12. Annotation and Details
13. The Basics of Families
14. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.