Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Exporting to AutoCAD, part of Revit Architecture 2013 Essential Training.
As popular as Revit is, AutoCAD is still very prevalent in the building industry. …As a result, there may come a time in your projects when you're faced with having to …export a portion of, or all of, your project to a format that AutoCAD can understand. …Depending on the needs of the recipient, exporting to DWF, covered in an earlier movie, is one option. …However, Revit is also capable of exporting directly to AutoCAD's native DWG format. …In this movie, we'll look at the steps for preparing an AutoCAD export. …So I'm in a file called Export to AutoCAD, and I'm looking at a Level 1 Floor Plan at …the moment. And I'm going to go my Application menu, and under Export, at the top I have CAD …Formats and if I slide over there, you'll see that in addition to DWG, …we can actually export to DXF, MicroStation DGN, and even ACIS 3D SAT files.…
So there are a few different file formats that we can do. …The process is actually going to be similar in each one. …I'm going to focus in this movie on DWG, …
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 40m Intermediate
Revit Architecture 2012: Renderingwith Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.