Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Exporting to AutoCAD, part of Revit Architecture 2014 Essential Training.
As popular as Revit is, AutoCAD is still very prevalent in the building industry.…As a result, there may have come a time in your projects when you were faced with…having to export a portion of or all of your project to a format that AutoCAD can understand.…Depending on the needs of the recipient, exporting to DWF covered in an earlier…movie is one Option. However, Revit is also capable of…exporting directly to AutoCAD's native DWG format.…In this movie, we will look at the steps for preparing an AutoCAD export.…So, I am in a file called export to Auto CAD, and I am looking at a level one floor…plan at the moment. And I am going to go to my application…menu, and under Export at the top I have CAD formats.…
And if I slide over there, you will see that in addition to DWG, we can actually…export to DXF, Microstation DGN, and even Asics 3D SAT files.…So, there's a few different file formats that we can do, the process is actually…going to similar in each one. I'm going to focus in this movie on DWG.…So, I'm going to click that. And the dialog that displays has a variety…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- What is BIM?
- Understanding Revit element hierarchy
- Navigating views
- Creating a new project from a template
- Refining a layout with temporary dimensions
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding plumbing fixtures and other components
- Linking AutoCAD DWG files
- Rotating and aligning Revit links
- Working with footprint and extrusion roofs
- Adding openings
- Adding railings and extensions to stairs
- Creating stacked and curtain walls
- Hiding and isolating objects
- Adding rooms
- Creating schedule views and tags
- Adding text and dimensions
- Creating new families
- Plotting and creating a PDF
Skill Level Beginner
Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecturewith Paul F. Aubin7h 17m Intermediate
Rendering with Revit Architecture 2012with Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 41m Intermediate
Designing a House in Revit Architecturewith Brian Myers6h 57m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
8. Complex Walls
9. Visibility and Graphic Controls
11. Schedules and Tags
12. Annotation and Details
13. The Basics of Families
14. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.