Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing floors, part of Revit Architecture: Advanced Modeling.
Earlier in the course we used the massing tools to create our overall building form.…Then we created floors, walls, and roofs directly from that building form using…the Building Maker feature in Revit, where we can apply these objects to the…faces of the masses.…As your design progresses and your design team starts to make changes, you'll…most likely need to go back and revisit some of those Model by Face elements.…What we're going to do in this chapter is look at a few different ways that we…can approach that, and we're going to start with the floors here in this movie.…
So I've got a version of the file open here, and it's called Modify Floors. And…I'm going to zoom in a little bit over here by the town houses, and you'll see…that there's a little piece of floor there peeking outside of the walls.…So maybe at an earlier stage of the design, this turret was a different…radius, or in a different position, and so clearly that floor object no longer…matches the design.…There may be other places that are less obvious from view, where things have changed,…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Understanding some different approaches to modeling
- Building an in-place mass
- Creating and manipulating massing forms
- Using X-Ray and Dissolve
- Performing an energy analysis
- Applying geometry to surfaces
- Configuring divided surfaces
- Nesting massing families
- Stitching borders with adaptive components
- Working with lofting techniques
- Adding dormers and soffits
- Choosing a wall modeling strategy
- Working with curtain walls
- Building custom stairs
- Creating a custom material
Skill Level Intermediate
Revit Architecture 2012: Renderingwith Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 41m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the Massing Environment
2. Using Massing to Design Building Forms
3. Rationalizing Massing Forms
4. Using Massing to Create Unique Forms
5. Refining Building Maker Elements
6. Choosing Wall Modeling Strategies
7. Working with Curtain Walls
8. Applying Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.