Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Designing parametric masses, part of Revit Architecture: Advanced Modeling.
As you continue your exploration of the Conceptual Massing Environment, you slowly…become familiar with both how it is similar and how it differs from the…traditional Revit environment.…One such area is how we go about applying constrains when working in a 3D environment.…If you've worked in the Family Editor before, then perhaps you know that one of…the most basic tasks you'll do is to create a parametrically driven box.…However, achieving such a thing in the Conceptual Massing Environment is simple…as it seems, can be challenging the first time you try it.…In this movie, we'll walk through the steps required to create a fully…parametric box form in the Conceptual Massing Environment, and contrast that to…the approach that we would typically take in the traditional Family Editor.…
Now to get us started, I'm starting without any file this time.…We're going to create it from scratch.…We've always provided a file to get us started with.…All of those files were actually created using this feature right here,…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Understanding some different approaches to modeling
- Building an in-place mass
- Creating and manipulating massing forms
- Using X-Ray and Dissolve
- Performing an energy analysis
- Applying geometry to surfaces
- Configuring divided surfaces
- Nesting massing families
- Stitching borders with adaptive components
- Working with lofting techniques
- Adding dormers and soffits
- Choosing a wall modeling strategy
- Working with curtain walls
- Building custom stairs
- Creating a custom material
Skill Level Intermediate
Revit Architecture 2012: Renderingwith Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 40m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the Massing Environment
2. Using Massing to Design Building Forms
3. Rationalizing Massing Forms
4. Using Massing to Create Unique Forms
5. Refining Building Maker Elements
6. Choosing Wall Modeling Strategies
7. Working with Curtain Walls
8. Applying Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.