Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Cutting mass floors, part of Revit Architecture: Advanced Modeling.
Most jurisdictions have zoning requirements to define floor area ratios, height…restrictions, natural lighting minimums and much more.…One of the earliest tasks that a designer must do, therefore, is determine how…closely their proposed design is achieving these program requirements and code requirements.…In this movie, we'll take our massing study that we begun in the last few…movies and begin performing a pro forma study to analyze how our design fares…against these requirements.…So what I have on screen is actually two files.…I have the SAMOCA_V1 Family file.…
This is a completed version of the massing study that we performed over the…last few movies, and on the right-hand side I have Proforma.rvt, which is a…project file, which we've seen before which includes the surrounding neighboring buildings.…So what we're going to do is, starting over here in the Family file the SAMOCA…V1, is we're going to make sure that's the active window and then come up here…on the Ribbon and click Load into Project.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Understanding some different approaches to modeling
- Building an in-place mass
- Creating and manipulating massing forms
- Using X-Ray and Dissolve
- Performing an energy analysis
- Applying geometry to surfaces
- Configuring divided surfaces
- Nesting massing families
- Stitching borders with adaptive components
- Working with lofting techniques
- Adding dormers and soffits
- Choosing a wall modeling strategy
- Working with curtain walls
- Building custom stairs
- Creating a custom material
Skill Level Intermediate
Revit Architecture 2012: Renderingwith Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 41m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the Massing Environment
2. Using Massing to Design Building Forms
3. Rationalizing Massing Forms
4. Using Massing to Create Unique Forms
5. Refining Building Maker Elements
6. Choosing Wall Modeling Strategies
7. Working with Curtain Walls
8. Applying Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.