Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating wall sweeps and reveals, part of Revit Architecture 2013 Essential Training.
In this movie we'll look at sweeps and reveals.…A sweep is material that you add to a wall, and a reveal is material that you carve away.…Both use a two-dimensional family type called a Profile, which determines the…shape of the material that you're either adding or removing, and then that…material is pushed along either the length or the height of the wall.…We can apply these at the type level, in which case it would apply to all…instances of the type, or we can actually apply them wall by wall.…So let's get started here in a file called Sweeps and Reveals. And I am going…to select one of the exterior walls and go to its Edit Type button here on the…Properties palette.…
Now we've been here before.…We are going to choose Edit Structure. And if you look down here, where we need to…go is this Sweeps button, but it's grayed out. And the mystery here is that it…says Modify Vertical Structure is available only in the Section Preview.…So you have to click the Preview button here, and then you have to change this to…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.