Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating topography from a DWG link, part of Revit Architecture 2013 Essential Training.
In this movie, we'll look at another very common scenario where you will import…CAD data into your Revit project, and that's when you receive data from an…outside civil engineer.…There is no Revit civil engineering package.…Therefore, most civil engineers are either using AutoCAD or MicroStation.…So you are going to get the data from them in either DWG or DGN format.…Now I am in a file here called CAD Topo and in this example I'm going to…bring in another DWG file, but if you were bringing in a DGN, the process…would be virtually the same.…
So I am going to go to the Insert tab, and click on the Link CAD button.…So this time I am going to select AutoCAD Siteplan, it's a DWG file, and it's…actually one of the sample files that ships with AutoCAD.…It just contains some 3D lines representing the contour lines of the project.…Now I am not going to change most of the settings down at the bottom, I am…going to leave them the way they were set in the previous import that we did in the last movie,…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 40m Intermediate
Revit Architecture 2012: Renderingwith Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.