Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating topography from a DWG link, part of Revit Architecture 2014 Essential Training.
In this movie we'll look at another very common scenario where you will import CAD…data into your Revit project. And that's when you receive data from an…outside civil Engineer. There is no Revit civil Engineering package.…Therefore most civil engineers are either using autoCAD or microstation.…So, you're going to get the data from them in either DWG or DGN format.…Now, I'm in a file here called CADtopo, and in this example I'm going to bring in…another DWG file. But if you were bringing in a DGN, the…process would be virtually the same. So I'm going to go to the Insert tab and…click on the Link CAD button. So this time I'm going to select AutoCAD Siteplan.…
It's a DWG file. And it's actually one of the sample files…that ships with AutoCAD. It just contains some 3D lines…representing the contour lines of the project.…Now I'm not going to change most of the settings down at the bottom.…I'm going to leave them the way they were set in the previous import that we did in…the last movie. But I am going to make sure that I am…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- What is BIM?
- Understanding Revit element hierarchy
- Navigating views
- Creating a new project from a template
- Refining a layout with temporary dimensions
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding plumbing fixtures and other components
- Linking AutoCAD DWG files
- Rotating and aligning Revit links
- Working with footprint and extrusion roofs
- Adding openings
- Adding railings and extensions to stairs
- Creating stacked and curtain walls
- Hiding and isolating objects
- Adding rooms
- Creating schedule views and tags
- Adding text and dimensions
- Creating new families
- Plotting and creating a PDF
Skill Level Beginner
Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecturewith Paul F. Aubin7h 17m Intermediate
Rendering with Revit Architecture 2012with Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 41m Intermediate
Designing a House in Revit Architecturewith Brian Myers6h 57m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
8. Complex Walls
9. Visibility and Graphic Controls
11. Schedules and Tags
12. Annotation and Details
13. The Basics of Families
14. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.