Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating soffits, part of Revit Architecture: Advanced Modeling.
There are many small architectural details that can make a schematic form to…begin to take shape and allow your design intent to really show through.…And one such detail is the soffit conditions at the edge of the roofs.…So I'm in a file here called Soffits, and if we look around, you can see that…I've already done several of the conditions.…But if you have a roof like this, it looks okay, but in a lot of cases it…really makes a different kind of a return here. And I've got this little box…condition right here.…This is a little bit more common situation that you'll see a lot of time.…
Now it's not to say that this isn't a valid condition--it certainly can be--but…that one is easy to achieve because Revit gives us that automatically.…This is a little bit more challenging because we have to be clever about how we achieve it.…If you look at the Roof tool, we have a couple of different options here. There…is actually a Roof Soffit tool.…I'm not particularly fond of this though, because it just creates a flat…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Understanding some different approaches to modeling
- Building an in-place mass
- Creating and manipulating massing forms
- Using X-Ray and Dissolve
- Performing an energy analysis
- Applying geometry to surfaces
- Configuring divided surfaces
- Nesting massing families
- Stitching borders with adaptive components
- Working with lofting techniques
- Adding dormers and soffits
- Choosing a wall modeling strategy
- Working with curtain walls
- Building custom stairs
- Creating a custom material
Skill Level Intermediate
Revit Architecture 2012: Renderingwith Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 41m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the Massing Environment
2. Using Massing to Design Building Forms
3. Rationalizing Massing Forms
4. Using Massing to Create Unique Forms
5. Refining Building Maker Elements
6. Choosing Wall Modeling Strategies
7. Working with Curtain Walls
8. Applying Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.