Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a detail callout, part of Revit Architecture 2011 Essential Training.
Details are an integral part of any architectural documentation package.…One of the challenges in working with building information modeling in Revit is…there is a temptation to over-model.…In other words, it is theoretically possible to add items like flashing or…fasteners or many of the other small items directly to your model.…However, typically such items would only need to show in large scale details.…Therefore resist the temptation to model such elements.…Keep your models at a scale of about eighth to quarter-inch detail.…There is little payoff in modeling items beyond that and you often pay a price…in diminished computer performance.…
For such items, we will continue to rely on detail drawings, which have always…been part of an architectural communication.…Revit offers a full complement of tools to facilitate detail drawings and does…so in a way that maximizes the potential of both the live 3D model and the…large-scale detail embellishments.…So let's get started in this movie by doing the first step in the process, which…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding filled and masking regions and detailing
- Generate schedules and reports
- Understanding families
- Using reference planes, parameters and constraints
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.