Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a detail callout, part of Revit Architecture 2014 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
In this and the next few movies we're going to look at the detailing process in Revit.…Details are an integral part in any architectural documentation package.…However, one of the challenges of working in building information modeling in…software like Revit is there's this temptation to overmodel everything.…In other words It's theoretically possible to add items like flashing and fasteners…and bolts and screws directly to your model.…However, typically, such items would only show in large-scale views.…And in smaller scale views, they'd actually kind of get in the way.…
So we want to resist the temptation to model such elements.…There's little payoff in modeling them. And you often pay a high price in…diminished computer performance. For such items we continue to rely on…traditional detailed drawings. This is always been the case in…architectural communication. Rivet offers a full complement of tools to…facilitate the detailing process and does so in a way that maximizes the potential…of both the live 3-D model And the large scale detail embellishments that we place…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- What is BIM?
- Understanding Revit element hierarchy
- Navigating views
- Creating a new project from a template
- Refining a layout with temporary dimensions
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding plumbing fixtures and other components
- Linking AutoCAD DWG files
- Rotating and aligning Revit links
- Working with footprint and extrusion roofs
- Adding openings
- Adding railings and extensions to stairs
- Creating stacked and curtain walls
- Hiding and isolating objects
- Adding rooms
- Creating schedule views and tags
- Adding text and dimensions
- Creating new families
- Plotting and creating a PDF
Skill Level Beginner
Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecturewith Paul F. Aubin7h 17m Intermediate
Rendering with Revit Architecture 2012with Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 41m Intermediate
Designing a House in Revit Architecturewith Brian Myers6h 57m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
8. Complex Walls
9. Visibility and Graphic Controls
11. Schedules and Tags
12. Annotation and Details
13. The Basics of Families
14. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.