Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a custom panel family, part of Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecture.
In this movie, we're going to create a custom curtain panel to apply to our…panelized divided surface.…This is the third step in the process: first step being to divide the surface,…second step being to apply a pattern to the surface, and then the third step to…apply a panel to that surface.…In this case, we're actually going to build the panel and apply it.…So I've got a version of the file that we've been working on.…It's our Main Building form here, of the museum. And I am going to spin around to…this side, looks like a good place to start, and I'll zoom in. And I am going to…select a couple of these surfaces ahead of time, maybe all of these that I'm…looking at right here, using my Ctrl key.…
So I've got all of those surfaces.…Over here on the Pattern dropdown, I am going to choose the 1/3 Step pattern.…Now when I do that you get these kind of large rectangular patterns that get…applied to that. And as we saw in the last movie, the Grid pattern disappears,…because visibility-wise the Pattern is on and Surface is off.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Understanding some different approaches to modeling
- Building an in-place mass
- Creating and manipulating massing forms
- Using X-Ray and Dissolve
- Performing an energy analysis
- Applying geometry to surfaces
- Configuring divided surfaces
- Nesting massing families
- Stitching borders with adaptive components
- Working with lofting techniques
- Adding dormers and soffits
- Choosing a wall modeling strategy
- Working with curtain walls
- Building custom stairs
- Creating a custom material
Skill Level Intermediate
Rendering with Revit Architecture 2012with Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 41m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the Massing Environment
2. Using Massing to Design Building Forms
3. Rationalizing Massing Forms
4. Using Massing to Create Unique Forms
5. Refining Building Maker Elements
6. Choosing Wall Modeling Strategies
7. Working with Curtain Walls
8. Applying Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.