Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating custom curtain walls, part of Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecture.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Sometimes the curtain wall you have in mind is not easy to achieve with a…regular spacing in the horizontal or vertical directions.…In such a case, using the Type Properties dialog won't be of much help to you.…Instead what you can do is use the Curtain Grid and Mullion tools to start with…a basic curtain wall that has no grids at all and just lay them out manually.…So in this movie I would like to look at that process, and we are going to do so…up here on the tower wall.…Currently, we have this curtain system here that was placed on the faces of the…underlying mass model.…
So we did this early on as like a stand-in for the design that would come later.…Now what I'm after is, if I switch over here on the Switch windows to Ch07…(Finish), is I am after something that kind of looks like this.…I want to do a little bit more custom design.…I am going to switch back to SAMOCA_V5.…To get there, I'm going to delete this curtain system, and I need to put a…new wall in its place.…And I'd like to actually start with one of these walls here, this Tower Wall, and…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Understanding some different approaches to modeling
- Building an in-place mass
- Creating and manipulating massing forms
- Using X-Ray and Dissolve
- Performing an energy analysis
- Applying geometry to surfaces
- Configuring divided surfaces
- Nesting massing families
- Stitching borders with adaptive components
- Working with lofting techniques
- Adding dormers and soffits
- Choosing a wall modeling strategy
- Working with curtain walls
- Building custom stairs
- Creating a custom material
Skill Level Intermediate
Rendering with Revit Architecture 2012with Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 41m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the Massing Environment
2. Using Massing to Design Building Forms
3. Rationalizing Massing Forms
4. Using Massing to Create Unique Forms
5. Refining Building Maker Elements
6. Choosing Wall Modeling Strategies
7. Working with Curtain Walls
8. Applying Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.