Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating complex panels, part of Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecture.
I have created a few examples of curtain panels so far in this chapter.…In this movie, we are going to do our most complex example so far.…We are going to create a space-frame structure that supports the glazing in…our Graffiti Gallery.…Now what I have here onscreen is a file called Graffiti Gallery Complex.…We've reduced it down to just the surface of the glazed wall.…You can see that it has a slight curvature to it; it kind of bows out.…It's been assigned a Divided Surface. The Divided Surface is 5x5, and it's been…assigned a rhomboid pattern.…
You are not seeing the pattern, because in the file I saved it with the pattern…and the components turned off.…We can actually turn on the pattern, and there you can see the rhomboid pattern…is like these diamond shaped patterns.…When you turn off the surface, there's just the rhomboids. And I can actually turn…on the components, and this is what we are going to build in this exercise.…Let's turn off the Pattern, tab in and select one of these panels, and kind of…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Understanding some different approaches to modeling
- Building an in-place mass
- Creating and manipulating massing forms
- Using X-Ray and Dissolve
- Performing an energy analysis
- Applying geometry to surfaces
- Configuring divided surfaces
- Nesting massing families
- Stitching borders with adaptive components
- Working with lofting techniques
- Adding dormers and soffits
- Choosing a wall modeling strategy
- Working with curtain walls
- Building custom stairs
- Creating a custom material
Skill Level Intermediate
Rendering with Revit Architecture 2012with Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 41m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the Massing Environment
2. Using Massing to Design Building Forms
3. Rationalizing Massing Forms
4. Using Massing to Create Unique Forms
5. Refining Building Maker Elements
6. Choosing Wall Modeling Strategies
7. Working with Curtain Walls
8. Applying Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.