Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Controlling room numbering, part of Revit Architecture 2013 Essential Training.
In this movie, we're going to talk about some strategies for room numbering. …Revit numbers objects like rooms automatically, but it doesn't always do it in the way that we would expect. …So what I want to do in this movie is help you understand the way that Revit numbers …the rooms as you're placing them, and then help us develop a strategy to take advantage …of that numbering to avoid as much rework and renumbering as possible. …This strategy won't work for every project, but it's a good tool to have in your arsenal …for the cases where it does suit your purposes. …So I'm in a file called Numbering Rooms, and there aren't currently any rooms yet in this project.…
Now, I'm in a floor plan called working level 1, and I want to start by showing you a strategy …that's pretty common among many firms when dealing with rooms and room separations in particular. …These lines right here are room separation lines. …We discussed those in the previous movie. …What's fairly common to do is to actually change the way those lines display so that …
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 40m Intermediate
Revit Architecture 2012: Renderingwith Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.