Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Controlling room numbering, part of Revit Architecture 2014 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
In this movie we're going to talk about some strategies for room numbering.…Revit numbers object like rooms automatically, but it doesn't always do it…in the way that we would expect. So what I want to do in this movie is help…you understand the way that Revit numbers the rooms as you're placing them.…And then help us develop a strategy to take advantage of that numbering.…To avoid as much rework and renumbering as possible.…This strategy won't work for every project but it's a good tool to have in your…arsenal for the cases where it does suit your purposes.…So I made a file called numbering rooms and there aren't currently any rooms yet…in this project. Now I'm in a floor plan called Working…Level 1 and I want to start by showing you a strategy that's pretty common among many…firms when dealing with rooms and room separations in particular.…
These lines right here are room separation lines.…We discussed those in the previous movie. What's fairly common to do is to actually…change the way those lines display so that it's more obvious what they are.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- What is BIM?
- Understanding Revit element hierarchy
- Navigating views
- Creating a new project from a template
- Refining a layout with temporary dimensions
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding plumbing fixtures and other components
- Linking AutoCAD DWG files
- Rotating and aligning Revit links
- Working with footprint and extrusion roofs
- Adding openings
- Adding railings and extensions to stairs
- Creating stacked and curtain walls
- Hiding and isolating objects
- Adding rooms
- Creating schedule views and tags
- Adding text and dimensions
- Creating new families
- Plotting and creating a PDF
Skill Level Beginner
Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecturewith Paul F. Aubin7h 17m Intermediate
Rendering with Revit Architecture 2012with Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 41m Intermediate
Designing a House in Revit Architecturewith Brian Myers6h 57m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
8. Complex Walls
9. Visibility and Graphic Controls
11. Schedules and Tags
12. Annotation and Details
13. The Basics of Families
14. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.