Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring project settings, part of Revit Architecture 2014 Essential Training.
Many project settings are available under Revit Project.…Even though you begin your project with a template file, there are certainly some…settings that you want to double check and possibly change with each project.…Some of these include really simple things like the project location, the address,…and maybe the temporary dimension settings.…So in this movie, we're going to create a new project and configure a few of those…settings, so let's take a look. Now, we could easily start with the…default template, but I'd actually prefer to start with one of the templates that…gives us a little more structure to begin with, so I'm going to click the new link…right here. If you watch earlier movie on project…templates, then you saw that we could click this Browse button here.…
And there were some other choices for us to use, and in this case I am going to use…the Commercial default, and I am going to click Open, and click OK.…And this gives me some basic views and a few schedules and some sheets and so it's…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- What is BIM?
- Understanding Revit element hierarchy
- Navigating views
- Creating a new project from a template
- Refining a layout with temporary dimensions
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding plumbing fixtures and other components
- Linking AutoCAD DWG files
- Rotating and aligning Revit links
- Working with footprint and extrusion roofs
- Adding openings
- Adding railings and extensions to stairs
- Creating stacked and curtain walls
- Hiding and isolating objects
- Adding rooms
- Creating schedule views and tags
- Adding text and dimensions
- Creating new families
- Plotting and creating a PDF
Skill Level Beginner
Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecturewith Paul F. Aubin7h 17m Intermediate
Rendering with Revit Architecture 2012with Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 41m Intermediate
Designing a House in Revit Architecturewith Brian Myers6h 57m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
8. Complex Walls
9. Visibility and Graphic Controls
11. Schedules and Tags
12. Annotation and Details
13. The Basics of Families
14. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.