Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Building walls from floor edges, part of Revit Architecture: Advanced Modeling.
Let's continue our work on the Model by Face forms.…In the last two movies, we looked at the Floors by Face and the Walls by Faces.…We are going to continue on the walls but refocus our attention over here on…the townhouse facades, because the walls are a little bit more intricate.…I am looking at this file here called Townhouse Walls.…And if you zoom in, you kind of start to see some of the problems. We've got…some double walls there. We've got strange conditions here. Things don't join up so well.…So we could spend a lot of time selecting the walls, using Edit Profile, and…trying to fix the shapes and get them to match up correctly,…but we'd probably still end up a little bit frustrated.…
What I want to do instead is something that seems a little bit drastic.…I am going to select one of these walls, right-click, and choose Select All…Instances > Visible in View.…Now, I'll zoom out a touch, and you can see that's pretty much all of my townhouse walls.…Now, maybe for early schematic design, those serve me well,…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Understanding some different approaches to modeling
- Building an in-place mass
- Creating and manipulating massing forms
- Using X-Ray and Dissolve
- Performing an energy analysis
- Applying geometry to surfaces
- Configuring divided surfaces
- Nesting massing families
- Stitching borders with adaptive components
- Working with lofting techniques
- Adding dormers and soffits
- Choosing a wall modeling strategy
- Working with curtain walls
- Building custom stairs
- Creating a custom material
Skill Level Intermediate
Revit Architecture 2012: Renderingwith Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 41m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the Massing Environment
2. Using Massing to Design Building Forms
3. Rationalizing Massing Forms
4. Using Massing to Create Unique Forms
5. Refining Building Maker Elements
6. Choosing Wall Modeling Strategies
7. Working with Curtain Walls
8. Applying Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.