Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Building sloped glazing, part of Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecture.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
We have one more curtain wall object to consider, sloped glazing.…Sloped glazing is a roof family that is basically a curtain wall or curtain…system that follows the shape of the roof.…You can use it for sloped-glaze walls like greenhouses, or even the graffiti…gallery, or we can use it for skylights or really anything that has to follow a sloping surface.…So in this movie we are going to add some skylights and look at the Sloped…Glazing tool to do that.…So what I want to do is find a good view to get started from, because if I am…going to create a skylight, I need to make sure that it actually penetrates up…through the building in a proper location.…
So I want to start in the second floor level floor plan here, and maybe work in…this general area right here. And we have these walls here which are for…displaying gallery work. These are open galleries here, and I want to put the…skylight maybe down the middle, about halfway between these two.…What I am going to actually do is draw some temporary line work to help me get…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Understanding some different approaches to modeling
- Building an in-place mass
- Creating and manipulating massing forms
- Using X-Ray and Dissolve
- Performing an energy analysis
- Applying geometry to surfaces
- Configuring divided surfaces
- Nesting massing families
- Stitching borders with adaptive components
- Working with lofting techniques
- Adding dormers and soffits
- Choosing a wall modeling strategy
- Working with curtain walls
- Building custom stairs
- Creating a custom material
Skill Level Intermediate
Rendering with Revit Architecture 2012with Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 41m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the Massing Environment
2. Using Massing to Design Building Forms
3. Rationalizing Massing Forms
4. Using Massing to Create Unique Forms
5. Refining Building Maker Elements
6. Choosing Wall Modeling Strategies
7. Working with Curtain Walls
8. Applying Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.