Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Building shafts, part of Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecture.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Many buildings have double-volume spaces in their lobbies, stairwells, and…other important spaces.…Since such a space might impact several floor and ceiling elements, editing…the sketches of all those elements to create those openings in the slabs can be time consuming.…Furthermore, if the shape of the opening changes, you will potentially have to…edit multiple sketches to update your design.…This is where a shaft opening comes in.…In this movie, we will continue our work in the lobby of our museum, and using a…shaft opening, we're going to cut the large double-volume space to reveal the…light wall that we just designed in the last movie.…
To show you the area we're going to be working in, I'm going to open up this 3D…view on my project browser called Camera at Lobby Light Wall. And here is the…completed light wall that we worked on in the last movie, and it's got all the…void openings and so forth.…But we're only seeing a small portion of it because this large gray thing right…here is the floor slab cutting through.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Understanding some different approaches to modeling
- Building an in-place mass
- Creating and manipulating massing forms
- Using X-Ray and Dissolve
- Performing an energy analysis
- Applying geometry to surfaces
- Configuring divided surfaces
- Nesting massing families
- Stitching borders with adaptive components
- Working with lofting techniques
- Adding dormers and soffits
- Choosing a wall modeling strategy
- Working with curtain walls
- Building custom stairs
- Creating a custom material
Skill Level Intermediate
Rendering with Revit Architecture 2012with Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 41m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the Massing Environment
2. Using Massing to Design Building Forms
3. Rationalizing Massing Forms
4. Using Massing to Create Unique Forms
5. Refining Building Maker Elements
6. Choosing Wall Modeling Strategies
7. Working with Curtain Walls
8. Applying Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.