Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Building a custom stair, part of Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecture.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
In this movie, we'll continue building the grand stair for our museum project.…In the last movie, we set up a custom stair type which has all the settings we…need to create this stair.…Let me just show you the final product once again.…We've got our open risers and our inset stringers.…So we've got all that set up and ready to go here in our SAMOCA_V6 project. …And to do the actual stair sketch, I'm going to go to the Second Level floor plan.…Zoom in on the middle of the plan here and you can see that in the double-…volume space here, I've got some drafting lines, some detail lines here, that…map out the rough shape of that wedge- shaped stair, those sort of triangular…runs that we're going to have there.…
We're going to start down here and go up to a landing here and then continue up…to there with our first stair.…Let's get started here.…On the Home tab, Circulation panel, we're going to click on the Stairs button.…And from the Properties palette here, I can choose the Stair type that I…created in last movie.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Understanding some different approaches to modeling
- Building an in-place mass
- Creating and manipulating massing forms
- Using X-Ray and Dissolve
- Performing an energy analysis
- Applying geometry to surfaces
- Configuring divided surfaces
- Nesting massing families
- Stitching borders with adaptive components
- Working with lofting techniques
- Adding dormers and soffits
- Choosing a wall modeling strategy
- Working with curtain walls
- Building custom stairs
- Creating a custom material
Skill Level Intermediate
Rendering with Revit Architecture 2012with Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 41m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the Massing Environment
2. Using Massing to Design Building Forms
3. Rationalizing Massing Forms
4. Using Massing to Create Unique Forms
5. Refining Building Maker Elements
6. Choosing Wall Modeling Strategies
7. Working with Curtain Walls
8. Applying Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.