Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Applying decals, part of Revit Architecture: Advanced Modeling.
So the preliminary design of our museum is coming along really nicely, and we're…on our way to a client meeting.…But since we are working on a museum here, it probably would be a good idea to…have it at least some views that showed some artwork.…So in the next couple of movies we are going to have a little bit of fun and we…are going to add some artwork to the gallery walls and to our Graffiti gallery.…So in this movie we're going to look at the Decal feature and using this feature,…we can take a bitmap and apply it to the surface of our geometry.…I am in SOMACO_V6, and I'm going to scroll down here on the Project Browser to…3D Views. And I've got a view called Artwork and another one called Camera at Gallery.…
This is the axonometric artwork and this one is a perspective view.…So let's start with the axonometric artwork, and that will take me to this…gallery space. And you can see that I just have a few families here called…picture frame, and they're just attached to the wall. And were going to create…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Understanding some different approaches to modeling
- Building an in-place mass
- Creating and manipulating massing forms
- Using X-Ray and Dissolve
- Performing an energy analysis
- Applying geometry to surfaces
- Configuring divided surfaces
- Nesting massing families
- Stitching borders with adaptive components
- Working with lofting techniques
- Adding dormers and soffits
- Choosing a wall modeling strategy
- Working with curtain walls
- Building custom stairs
- Creating a custom material
Skill Level Intermediate
Revit Architecture 2012: Renderingwith Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 40m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the Massing Environment
2. Using Massing to Design Building Forms
3. Rationalizing Massing Forms
4. Using Massing to Create Unique Forms
5. Refining Building Maker Elements
6. Choosing Wall Modeling Strategies
7. Working with Curtain Walls
8. Applying Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.