Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Aligning views with a guide grid, part of Revit Architecture 2013 Essential Training.
As you are working on the layout of your sheets, you sometimes want to line up views across …not only the same sheet, but sometimes across multiple sheets. …Now lining up views across the same sheet is pretty easy to do. …Revit actually does a really nice job of finding alignments for you automatically. But lining …them up across different sheets can sometimes be a little bit more challenging. …So this movie we are going to look at the Guide Grid feature, and this is a tool that …we can use to help us line up views across multiple sheets. …So I am in a file called Guide Grid, and I am looking at the A1 Floor Plans view.…
And if you have two views on the same sheet and they are not aligned with one another, …it's pretty easy to get them lined up. …You just simply take the view and you start to drag it, and what you'll see is when it …gets close, it'll automatically snap. …So Revit kind of senses where the alignment point is, and you can see that those two floor …plans are lined up pretty well with one another. …
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 40m Intermediate
Revit Architecture 2012: Renderingwith Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.