Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding text, part of Revit Architecture 2013 Essential Training.
In this movie we'll add some text notes to our drawings. …There comes a point in your projects where your model is at a level of completion where …you want to begin adding some notes to clarify design intent or to prepare the drawing for printing. …So in this movie we're going to look at the simple text tools that we have available on …Revit to help us to do that. …So I'm in a file called Text, and I'm just looking at an elevation view. …If I go to the Annotate tab, I can locate the Text tool right here. …Now the shortcut is T+X, and you can also find it on the Quick Access toolbar. …Now I'm going to accept all the defaults for right now, and just simply click a point where …I want to start placing the note and type in what I want it to say.…
Now to complete the note you actually click next to the note. …Don't press Enter or Escape. A lot of times people make that mistake. …If you do it, it will actually cancel the command and you won't have any note. …So you want to click next to it to complete the note. And you'll see the note appear on …
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 40m Intermediate
Revit Architecture 2012: Renderingwith Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.