Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding text, part of Revit Architecture 2014 Essential Training.
In this movie, we'll add some text notes to our drawings.…There comes a point in your projects where your model is at a level of completion…where you want to begin adding some notes, to clarify design intent or to prepare the…drawing for printing. So, in this movie, we're going to look at…the simple text tools that we have available in Revit to help us do that.…So, I'm in a file called text and I'm just looking at an Elevation view.…If I go to the Annotate tab, I can locate the Text tool right here.…Now, the shortcut is T+X and you can also find it on the Quick Access toolbar.…Now, I'm going to accept all the defaults for right now.…Just simply click a point where I want to start placing the note and type in what I…want to say. Now, to complete the note you actually…click next to the note. Don't press Enter or Escape, a lot of…times people make that mistake. If you do, it'll actually cancel the…command, you won't have any note. So, you want to click next to it, to…complete the note. And you'll see the note appear on the…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- What is BIM?
- Understanding Revit element hierarchy
- Navigating views
- Creating a new project from a template
- Refining a layout with temporary dimensions
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding plumbing fixtures and other components
- Linking AutoCAD DWG files
- Rotating and aligning Revit links
- Working with footprint and extrusion roofs
- Adding openings
- Adding railings and extensions to stairs
- Creating stacked and curtain walls
- Hiding and isolating objects
- Adding rooms
- Creating schedule views and tags
- Adding text and dimensions
- Creating new families
- Plotting and creating a PDF
Skill Level Beginner
Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecturewith Paul F. Aubin7h 17m Intermediate
Rendering with Revit Architecture 2012with Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 41m Intermediate
Designing a House in Revit Architecturewith Brian Myers6h 57m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
8. Complex Walls
9. Visibility and Graphic Controls
11. Schedules and Tags
12. Annotation and Details
13. The Basics of Families
14. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.