Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding symbols, part of Revit Architecture 2013 Essential Training.
Architectural drawings incorporate many kinds of symbols. …Revit has dedicated tools for text and dimensions and many kinds of tags and certain kinds of notes, …but there is many symbols that don't have their own dedicated tools. …So we sort of have a catch-all tool in Revit called just the Symbol tool, and we can use that …to add any variety of miscellaneous symbols. …So in this movie I am going to just demonstrate the use of the Symbol tool and work with some …symbols that are both in the template and some ones that we can load in from the provided content.…
You can also make your own symbols, but that'll be out of the scope of what we'll cover here. …So if you need additional symbols that are not in the out-of-the-box offerings, you certainly …have that option. So I am in a file called Symbols. …It's just a floor plan view with some dimensions and notes on it are already, but I want to …add a few symbols, maybe a north arrow or a bar scale, stuff like that. …So if I go to the Annotate tab, way over here on the right-hand side we'll find the Symbol …
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 40m Intermediate
Revit Architecture 2012: Renderingwith Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.