Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding symbols, part of Revit Architecture 2014 Essential Training.
Architectural drawings incorporate many kinds of symbols.…Revit has dedicated tools for texts and dimensions, many kinds of tags and certain…kinds of notes, but there's many symbols that don't have their own dedicated tools.…So, we sort of have a catch all tool in Revit called just a Symbol tool, and we…can use that to add any variety of miscellaneous symbols.…So, in this movie, I'm going to just demonstrate the use of the Symbol tool,…and work with some symbols that are both in the template and some ones that we can…load in from the provided content. You can also make your own symbols, but…that would be out of the scope of what we'll cover here.…
So, if you need additional symbols that are not in the out of the box offerings,…you certainly have that Option. So, I'm in a file called symbols.…It's just a floor plan view with some dimensions and notes on it already, but I…want to add a few symbols. Maybe a north arrow, bar scale, stuff like that.…So, if I go to the Annotate tab way over here on the right hand side, we'll find…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- What is BIM?
- Understanding Revit element hierarchy
- Navigating views
- Creating a new project from a template
- Refining a layout with temporary dimensions
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding plumbing fixtures and other components
- Linking AutoCAD DWG files
- Rotating and aligning Revit links
- Working with footprint and extrusion roofs
- Adding openings
- Adding railings and extensions to stairs
- Creating stacked and curtain walls
- Hiding and isolating objects
- Adding rooms
- Creating schedule views and tags
- Adding text and dimensions
- Creating new families
- Plotting and creating a PDF
Skill Level Beginner
Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecturewith Paul F. Aubin7h 17m Intermediate
Rendering with Revit Architecture 2012with Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 41m Intermediate
Designing a House in Revit Architecturewith Brian Myers6h 57m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
8. Complex Walls
9. Visibility and Graphic Controls
11. Schedules and Tags
12. Annotation and Details
13. The Basics of Families
14. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.