Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding solid geometry, part of Revit Architecture 2014 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Once you have the basic framework of your family set up with reference planes,…constraints and parameters, it's time to start adding some geometry.…In this movie, we're going to look at adding solid form geometry to our family.…So, I'm in a file called Adding Solids and it is slightly different than where we…left off in the previous movie. So, you might want to use this one even if…you've been following along on your own. but let me just point out to you what's…different about it. I've added two reference planes here in…the Elevation view, the top one is at two feet seven off the floor and the other one…is at three inches. And both of those I created a dimension…and locked it, and a dimension and locked it.…
So, that's going to establish those two heights and keep them locked at that…distance off the floor. So, that's the only thing I'd change there.…Alright, I want to make sure my floor plan is active.…And if you don't have tiled views, you might want to make sure that you open up…your front and your left in your 3D view and tile them like I've done here.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- What is BIM?
- Understanding Revit element hierarchy
- Navigating views
- Creating a new project from a template
- Refining a layout with temporary dimensions
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding plumbing fixtures and other components
- Linking AutoCAD DWG files
- Rotating and aligning Revit links
- Working with footprint and extrusion roofs
- Adding openings
- Adding railings and extensions to stairs
- Creating stacked and curtain walls
- Hiding and isolating objects
- Adding rooms
- Creating schedule views and tags
- Adding text and dimensions
- Creating new families
- Plotting and creating a PDF
Skill Level Beginner
Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecturewith Paul F. Aubin7h 17m Intermediate
Rendering with Revit Architecture 2012with Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 41m Intermediate
Designing a House in Revit Architecturewith Brian Myers6h 57m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
8. Complex Walls
9. Visibility and Graphic Controls
11. Schedules and Tags
12. Annotation and Details
13. The Basics of Families
14. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.