Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding plumbing fixtures and other components, part of Revit Architecture 2014 Essential Training.
Our two bedroom condo unit is coming along nicely, but it takes a little bit more…that just walls, doors and windows to make a physical building layout.…So in this movie, we'll look at the Component tool, which is the tool we use…to bring in a variety of miscellaneous items.…As a rule of thumb, if you don't see a dedicated tool for the item you're trying…to insert, it's probably going to be under the Component Tools.…So, in other words, if I wanted a door, or a window, or column, I have Buttons for…those, but I don't see a button for toilets or for furnaces or for washer dryers.…
So, it's a pretty good bet that I'm going to find those items under Component.…It's sort of a catch all button for all the miscellaneous items that you want to…insert in a model. So when I click on the Component tool, It…will take me to the modify place component tab.…And if I open up the list, you can see that what's loaded in my default template…is a rather eclectic list. I have a desk, a parking space, and a tree.…So as you can see, we really do have a variety of items to choose from here.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- What is BIM?
- Understanding Revit element hierarchy
- Navigating views
- Creating a new project from a template
- Refining a layout with temporary dimensions
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding plumbing fixtures and other components
- Linking AutoCAD DWG files
- Rotating and aligning Revit links
- Working with footprint and extrusion roofs
- Adding openings
- Adding railings and extensions to stairs
- Creating stacked and curtain walls
- Hiding and isolating objects
- Adding rooms
- Creating schedule views and tags
- Adding text and dimensions
- Creating new families
- Plotting and creating a PDF
Skill Level Beginner
Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecturewith Paul F. Aubin7h 17m Intermediate
Rendering with Revit Architecture 2012with Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 41m Intermediate
Designing a House in Revit Architecturewith Brian Myers6h 57m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
8. Complex Walls
9. Visibility and Graphic Controls
11. Schedules and Tags
12. Annotation and Details
13. The Basics of Families
14. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.