Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding patterns, part of Revit Architecture: Advanced Modeling.
Once you have a divided surface, you'll want to apply a pattern to it.…There are several built-in patterns that we can choose from.…Patterns are part of the underlying framework or the armature of the divided surface.…In other words, don't think of the pattern as the final expression of your form or design.…You're not choosing from a list of 10 predefined wallpapers; rather, what…you're doing is choosing from a list of substrates, upon which you'll apply your wallpaper.…So there're really three steps.…We need the divided surface, the subject of last movie;…the pattern, sort of the underlying framework;…and then the actual geometric panels, and we'll look at that in the next movie.…
What I have here is a simple file that just pulls up the Graffiti Gallery and a…couple other forms, and I'm just going to select one of these guys and spin…around to the other side so we can actually see what we've got here, and zoom in.…And I have a nice flat pattern over here and a couple curved ones over here,…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Understanding some different approaches to modeling
- Building an in-place mass
- Creating and manipulating massing forms
- Using X-Ray and Dissolve
- Performing an energy analysis
- Applying geometry to surfaces
- Configuring divided surfaces
- Nesting massing families
- Stitching borders with adaptive components
- Working with lofting techniques
- Adding dormers and soffits
- Choosing a wall modeling strategy
- Working with curtain walls
- Building custom stairs
- Creating a custom material
Skill Level Intermediate
Revit Architecture 2012: Renderingwith Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 41m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the Massing Environment
2. Using Massing to Design Building Forms
3. Rationalizing Massing Forms
4. Using Massing to Create Unique Forms
5. Refining Building Maker Elements
6. Choosing Wall Modeling Strategies
7. Working with Curtain Walls
8. Applying Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.