Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding legend views, part of Revit Architecture 2013 Essential Training.
If you'd like to add a legend to your project, perhaps showing each kind of door or window …that you used within elevation view or some notes indicating its construction or its function, …there is no need to draw this manually. …A legend view in Revit allows you to place a graphical representation of any family used in your project. …You'll be able to control the scale and the level of detail, and you'll be able to insert …it as either a plan or an elevation symbol. …And the nice thing about a legend view is that these graphics are only representational …and so they won't be included in any counts in your models, so they won't throw of your …schedules or anything like that.…
So I am in a file here called Legends, and I'd like to take a look at this feature by …creating a Door Types legend. …So it's pretty common in architectural drawings for us to create a legend showing an elevation …of each of our doors, so that'll be a good example for us to look at here. …So on the Project Browser I have a Legends branch, and it's currently empty because there …
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 40m Intermediate
Revit Architecture 2012: Renderingwith Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.