Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding dimensions, part of Revit Architecture 2014 Essential Training.
In this movie we're going to look a little closer at the dimensions feature in Revit.…We've already looked at Dimensions in a few other movies but mainly, we were…interested in using Dimensions as a tool to help us build our model.…In this movie, I'm going to focus on dimensions as an annotation tool to…actually help enhance our construction documents and prepare drawings for printing.…I'm in a file called dimensions and I'm looking at a level one floor plan view and…I'm just going to add some dimensions to various parts of this file here just to…show you how it works. So what I want to start off with is I'm…going to zoom in over in this location over here, and I just want to show you the…basics of how the dimension tool works. Now, we've covered some of this, so some…of this will be review. We can get to the Dimension tool in a…couple of places. We can go to the annotate tab, and there…actually are several dimension tools. I'm going to focus on the align dimension…tool, because this is the one that I use 99% of the time.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- What is BIM?
- Understanding Revit element hierarchy
- Navigating views
- Creating a new project from a template
- Refining a layout with temporary dimensions
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding plumbing fixtures and other components
- Linking AutoCAD DWG files
- Rotating and aligning Revit links
- Working with footprint and extrusion roofs
- Adding openings
- Adding railings and extensions to stairs
- Creating stacked and curtain walls
- Hiding and isolating objects
- Adding rooms
- Creating schedule views and tags
- Adding text and dimensions
- Creating new families
- Plotting and creating a PDF
Skill Level Beginner
Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecturewith Paul F. Aubin7h 17m Intermediate
Rendering with Revit Architecture 2012with Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 41m Intermediate
Designing a House in Revit Architecturewith Brian Myers6h 57m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
8. Complex Walls
9. Visibility and Graphic Controls
11. Schedules and Tags
12. Annotation and Details
13. The Basics of Families
14. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.