Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels, part of Revit Architecture 2013 Essential Training.
In this movie we are going to look at manually created curtain walls. …In the previous movie we looked at the curtain wall object and we saw how it was the series …of grids and mullions in a pattern, and those were driven by the type. …Here we are going to look at how we can layout the grid pattern manually so that we can have …a little bit more freedom and flexibility with the design. …So I am in a file called Grids and Mullions, and I'm going to zoom in here on the front …entry, and you can see I just have a blank wall here. …So I am going to go to my Wall tool, open up my Type Selector, and make sure that I'm …choosing the Curtain Wall type from the Curtain Wall family, so they both say Curtain Wall.…
And this is the most generic curtain wall; …it doesn't have any mullions or grids in it whatsoever. …Now like we did in the previous movie, I am going to highlight the exterior wall here …and click my first point. …Now I am about one foot off the corner, and it's kind of important that you back up off …
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 40m Intermediate
Revit Architecture 2012: Renderingwith Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.