Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding columns, part of Revit Architecture 2011 Essential Training.
Most buildings have columns, in at least some locations.…Even many houses have a column or two in the basement, or on the exterior portico.…Whether your project has one column or hundreds, the process to add them is fairly simple.…In this lesson, we'll look at adding columns to a project that has column grids,…and we'll also look at how we can add columns freestanding without grids.…There are actually two kinds of columns in Revit.…There is an Architectural column and a Structural column.…The process to add them is fairly similar.…The use case for each is slightly different.…The Architectural columns are typically intended for an architect to use for…placement purposes and/or to be used more like a column wrap, or a finished…column material, where the Structural columns are typically used for the actual…structural material that's holding up the building.…
So do you need to use both?…No, you can use one or the other, but you certainly can use both together in the…same project, if you want to.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding filled and masking regions and detailing
- Generate schedules and reports
- Understanding families
- Using reference planes, parameters and constraints
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.