Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding basic forms, part of Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecture.
With all of our Reference Planes and levels in place, in this movie we will begin…massing out the basic building form.…In the previous chapter we looked at several ways that we can approach the…creation of forms, but we saw that in all approaches we use that single Create…Form button to generate the 3D forms.…In this movie, we will put those techniques to practice and rough out the overall…form of our museum building.…So here I am in a project file called Add Basic Forms, and it's just a version of…the one that we've been working on in the last few movies, and I'm going to use…Reference forms to create my forms with.…
You could use either Model or Reference, but I tend to prefer Reference forms,…because I feel like they give me a little more control.…I like having the reference lines there to allow me to manipulate the forms…after the fact and it gives me additional Work Planes to work on.…So for all those reasons I tend to prefer the Reference-based forms, but you can…certainly use Model-based forms for many of these options as well.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Understanding some different approaches to modeling
- Building an in-place mass
- Creating and manipulating massing forms
- Using X-Ray and Dissolve
- Performing an energy analysis
- Applying geometry to surfaces
- Configuring divided surfaces
- Nesting massing families
- Stitching borders with adaptive components
- Working with lofting techniques
- Adding dormers and soffits
- Choosing a wall modeling strategy
- Working with curtain walls
- Building custom stairs
- Creating a custom material
Skill Level Intermediate
Rendering with Revit Architecture 2012with Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 41m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the Massing Environment
2. Using Massing to Design Building Forms
3. Rationalizing Massing Forms
4. Using Massing to Create Unique Forms
5. Refining Building Maker Elements
6. Choosing Wall Modeling Strategies
7. Working with Curtain Walls
8. Applying Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.