Remixing Techniques: Arranging and Song Form
In this course, author Josh Harris shows how to create radio and club arrangements, and a radio edit of a club mix. He utilizes four different digital audio workstations (DAWs)—Pro Tools, Ableton Live, Logic, and Reason—and shows how to build different arrangements from the ground up, by adding guitars, drums, bass, and synths. Each DAW explores different types of arranging scenarios. Plus, learn how to add ear candy and take your arrangements to another level.
- Reviewing the different types of arranging: music, remix, and radio/club
- Referencing a previous version of the song
- Listening to stems
- Creating a sketch arrangement
- Adding synths and guitars
- Developing the drums and bass
- Using time stretching
- Creating a radio edit from a club mix
- Adding special effects like drum fills and delays
- Hi, I'm Josh Harris and welcome to Remixing Techniques, Arranging and Song Form. In this course I will take you through the arranging process for a radio mix, club mix, and a radio edit of the club mix. I will also show you how to create what I like to call ear candy, those exciting moments and parts that give an arrangement a finished feel. I will do this in four different digital audio workstations, Pro Tools, Ableton Live, Logic Pro, and Reason. I'll start by listening to the original version of the song.
? But I'm waiting ? I'm waiting in the road ? And then creating a sketch arrangement, which will help determine the musical direction. ? I'm waiting ? Next, I will develop drums, bass, and keyboard parts and then complete the arranging process. (music playing) And finally, I will mix down the finished arrangement for each song. If you're someone who has felt challenge by the arranging process, then this course should provide you with invaluable insight into this part of the track-making process.
So if you're ready, let's get started with Remixing Techniques, Arranging and Song Form.
Remixing Techniques: Time Stretching67,565 Views
Mixing an EDM Track27,355 Views
Up and Running with Reason 752,234 Views
Synth Programming: Beyond the Basics54,577 Views
Melodyne Studio Essential Training104,293 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,633,291 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery286,020 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Advanced376,037 Views
iOS 8 App Development with Swift 1 Essential Training999,394 Views
Edge Animate Essential Training590,974 Views