In this video, Emmanuel Henri goes over the solution of implementing sets into the ioredis server.
- [Narrator] Alright.…I hope you didn't have too much trouble with…my challenge for sets, so let's go ahead…and take a look at how I implemented this in my code.…So, the first thing you want to do like…every other file that I created, you want to…create a new file called sets.js.…Then you want to make sure that you create…a function like so, and pass redis,…you absolutely need to pass redis,…otherwise it's not going to work,…and then export default Sets, and then…when you go inside of the index,…you want to make sure that you import Sets from sets,…and then you run the function here.…
So, Sets, and you pass redis to it.…So, once this is done, there were three…things that I wanted you to do.…So, I've actually done three, but you…can only do one list, that was fine too.…So, I've done a subcategory dairies for groceries,…one seafood, and then one fruits.…Then I added items to each list.…So, I use the redis.sadd, like we've done in the CLI, so,…sadd is the way to add new sets inside of your database.…
Then, what I wanted you to do is use…
- Installing and setting up Redis
- Reviewing the basics of data types
- Setting up persistence and replication
- Exploring strings and lists
- The hash data structure
- Securing a Redis instance
- Publishing and subscribing with Redis
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up
2. Introduction to Redis Basics
3. Datasets in Depth
4. Advanced Concepts
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.