In this video, Emmanuel Henri introduces replication, and then sets it up configuring a second Redis server, and synchronizing the two.
- [Instructor] There are many occasions…where you'll want replication…for high availability of your data,…and I'll show you how to set it up in this video.…Let's get to it.…We need to get to the same directory…we did in the last video, so if you want to get to redis,…again, go inside of the installation directory…where you installed it, and go on the redis directory.…What we want is to Copy this particular configuration file,…so remember in the last video,…we took that file and made some changes to it.…Now we'll make a second copy of it.…
Let's go ahead and Copy,…and because we have already a file here,…let's just Paste it on the Desktop for now.…Let's change it to redis2,…and then bring it back to the redis directory,…because you want it here.…The next thing we're going to do is open it…inside of our code editor,…so if you're using Atom, Visual Code Studio,…or any other editors,…just drag and drop that file to the actual application,…then you should have redis2.conf…open in your code editor.…
Let's just close that for sweetness state.…
- Installing and setting up Redis
- Reviewing the basics of data types
- Setting up persistence and replication
- Exploring strings and lists
- The hash data structure
- Securing a Redis instance
- Publishing and subscribing with Redis
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up
2. Introduction to Redis Basics
3. Datasets in Depth
4. Advanced Concepts
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.