In this video, Emmanuel Henri goes over the security options and best practices to secure an instance of Redis.
- [Instructor] Security is very important…for any application and its data,…so next we'll talk about…how to properly secure a Redis server…and this is what we'll explore in this video.…Primarily, the best way to prevent unauthorized access…to Redis data is at the application level or front-end.…Implement good security practices with Access Control Lists…known as ACLs.…The first step is also to add a password…to our main instance of Redis.…We actually did this initially when we first looked at…some of the options in the config file in an earlier video,…so go to the directory where you have Redis installed.…
If you don't know,…it should be in the main directory of your computer…or your user.…On Windows, it should be in the same directory…you installed it first, so click on Redis here…and open the config file so the first one,…not the second one for the slave,…and drag and drop it into the code editor you're using…so we can take a look.…Let me just remove this and this…so we can have a full screen.…So the first thing I want you to do…
- Installing and setting up Redis
- Reviewing the basics of data types
- Setting up persistence and replication
- Exploring strings and lists
- The hash data structure
- Securing a Redis instance
- Publishing and subscribing with Redis
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up
2. Introduction to Redis Basics
3. Datasets in Depth
4. Advanced Concepts
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.