In this video, Emmanuel Henri goes over the basics of data persistence in Redis, and the different options, such as AOF and RDB.
- [Instructor] It's important to go over the basics of…how Redis saves the data…and what persistence options comes with Redis.…With Redis, you have two persistence options available,…AOF…and RDB.…I'll go over both and explain their best use cases.…All operations in Redis are done in memory,…right out of the box.…As an option,…you can turn on an option called append-only file, or AOF,…which logs every operation in the system file.…So when the Redis server is restarted,…it rebuilds a database off this file.…
As an option,…you can turn on append-only file, or AOF,…which logs every operation in the system file.…So when the Redis server is restarted,…it rebuilds the data based off this file.…This file can get very big very quickly.…But Redis is smart enough that if it gets too big,…it'll start over using the latest version of the data set,…shrinking the file back down to a manageable size.…The next one is RDB,…and it's similar to snapshot operations.…It creates point-in-time copies of your data…that you can retrieve in case of a disaster.…
- Installing and setting up Redis
- Reviewing the basics of data types
- Setting up persistence and replication
- Exploring strings and lists
- The hash data structure
- Securing a Redis instance
- Publishing and subscribing with Redis
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up
2. Introduction to Redis Basics
3. Datasets in Depth
4. Advanced Concepts
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.