In this video, Emmanuel Henri goes through an overview and example of the pub/sub system available in Redis.
- [Instructor] Now I'd like to discuss…the publish and subscribe commands in Redis.…This paradigm is very useful when a developer wants to…create a messaging system…or a new type of instant data system.…The best way to understand what a pub sub system does…is to go through an example.…So let's get to it.…So the first thing I want to do…is subscribe to a pub sub systems.…So, let's go ahead and subscribe.…And we're subscribing to a specific channels.…So you can subscribe to one…you can subscribe to multiple channels.…In our case, let's go ahead and subscribe to messages.…
And let's go ahead and subscribe to news.…And there you go.…So we have subscribed to those two…and then let's just start a second instance of our CLI.…So, let's go ahead and do Command + Tab…in terminal, and this is for Mac.…Do whatever command that works for you.…On Windows create a new window.…And I believe for Windows it's file…and then you control and then you can have a new window.…And what we'll do is make sure first that…we are in right directory.…
- Installing and setting up Redis
- Reviewing the basics of data types
- Setting up persistence and replication
- Exploring strings and lists
- The hash data structure
- Securing a Redis instance
- Publishing and subscribing with Redis
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up
2. Introduction to Redis Basics
3. Datasets in Depth
4. Advanced Concepts
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.